For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 1 2 2

Is it possible to use OAuth2 specification with DSS?

Hi support team,

We have access to DSS only and managed to get the data by calling REST API successfully. In our tests, we used the (HTTP) authentication method as described in the tutorial here. Now we are trying to authenticate by OAuth 2.0 specification. We have found the document on the developer portal; however, it says that we need to send requests to EDP (Elektron Data Platform).

Am I right that current DSS will only accept the HTTP request method? Is it possible to use the OAuth 2.0 specification in our case?

Thank you!

dss-rest-apirdp-apidatascope-selectdssauthenticationhttpoauth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @Sergey,

The DSS service is implemented using OData - and does not confirm to OAuth 2.0 specification. I doubt it will ever be enhanced to do so. Eventually as @Umer Nalla pointed out, it will be moved to Refinitiv Data Platform as a bulk delivery service - which uses OAuth 2.0. The time for such a move has not been defined.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Gurpreet,

Many thanks for the clarification.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Sergey

The other document you refer to is for connecting to the Refinitiv Data Platform to consume real-time streaming data and does not relate to the DSS service.

My understanding ist that the DSS content will eventually get migrated to the Data Platform - but at present, it remains a separate service with its own interface and access mechanism.

I will reach out the product owner to see if I can get any update on the situation - however, feel free to contact your Refnitiv representative to discuss further.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Umer,

Many thanks for your response.

We have already reached out our Refinitiv consultant and he recommended us to post a request on this portal. :-)

So, it would be great if you let us know any updates on the situation. It will definitely help us to make a decision on how to proceed. Many thanks for your help!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.