Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 1

Retrieving company identifiers from bond information

Hi,

I have a list of bonds with ISIN/CUSIP information, and I'd like to retrieve the ISIN/CUSIP/PermID or alternative identifier of the issuer? Can this be done from the Eikon API in R?

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibondscompany
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Fernando E.

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Not sure which user's name you are referring to here, but you can use get_data API call to retrieve some data for the bonds

>>> ek.get_data('US099109017=', fields=['TR.FiIssuerName', 'TR.IssuerRating'])
    Instrument                           Issuer Name Issuer Rating
0  US099109017=  INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP          BBB+

In Eikon, you can use Data Item Browser to see a list of fields, that can be used in the get_data call.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hi @Fernando E.,

Eikon API provides a get_symbology API call in Python which should also be available in R. You can pass in the list of ISIN's etc and get corresponding RICs.

E.g.:

>>> ek.get_symbology(["US099109017="], from_symbol_type="RIC", to_symbol_type="ISIN")
                      ISIN
US099109017=  XS0991090175

>>> ek.get_symbology(["XS0991090175"], from_symbol_type="ISIN", to_symbol_type="CUSIP")
                  CUSIP
XS0991090175  459200HQ7

The conversion might work if there is a 1:1 mapping between symbols, and if you have permission to retrieve converted instrument.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 1

Thanks Gurpreet. I did not mean to translate between symbologies for a security, but instead getting information on the name of the user.

Thanks,

Fernando

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 1

That is what I was after, thanks a lot! (I meant "issuer" not "user", sorry!)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.