Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 2 1

[EiKon API] How to extract the Income Statement Period as Mixed.

Hi,

In TRKD Interim XML,I'm getting both Semi-Annual and Quarterly data. I'm trying to download same via EiKon API. Is any way we can get ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1591266229401.png (88.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jason.ramchandani

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @kamal.Jayapalan You can download both Semi-Annual and Quarterly I believe - Please see the screenshot for a fundamental field such as TR.Revenue in Data Item Brower app (just type DIB into Eikon search bar). Here you can see all the frequency parameter options:

You will need to do this in 2 API calls I think one for Semi-Annual and one for Quarterly. Or just do a quarterly call and roll up for two quarters to make a semi annual (or 6 monthly). There are also different methodology parameters on how to do this so have a look at those too. Here are two calls to get first the semi-annual data, and then quarterly - you can add more fields as required.

df3,e = ek.get_data('VOD.L',['TR.Revenue(SDate=0,EDate=-9,Period=FS0,Frq=FS).date,'TR.Revenue(SDate=0,EDate=-9,Period=FS0,Frq=FS)'])

df3
df3,e = ek.get_data('VOD.L',['TR.Revenue(SDate=0,EDate=-9,Period=FS0,Frq=FQ).date,'TR.Revenue(SDate=0,EDate=-9,Period=FS0,Frq=FQ)'])

df3

I hope this can help.

1591269564236.png (421.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.