Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 1

Error when accessing Eikon data via API using R

Hi,

I'm trying to access Eikon data via R using the API. I have installed "eikonapir" package and set my Eikon ID (+ have Eikon running on the back), but when trying to access data via "get_data" I get the following error message:

Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) :

Failed to connect to localhost port 9000: Connection refused

Does anyone know what could be the source of the problem?

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apireikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Fernando E.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Fernando E.
It is possible that you're subscribing to the service, which does not include access to Eikon Data APIs. Unfortunately you chose to use a personal email address to register on this portal, which means we cannot identify you and check your account.

You can follow the steps described in this article to troubleshoot the issue you experienced. The article is written for the Eikon Data APIs for Python library, but the troubleshooting steps are mostly about Eikon and not the Eikon Data APIs library, which means you can follow the same steps with Eikon Data APIs library for R.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @Fernando E. - please check this post. What Eikon variant are you using? I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 1

Thanks @jason.ramchadani. I've tried re-installing eikonapir package and turning off computer, but issue persist. What do you mean by Eikon variant? I typically acces Eikon R&D from Excel and/or Windows directly.

Thanks again

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.