Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 1

Issue with balance sheet info time stamp and private/public status

Hi,

I'm accessing Eikon data through the API via R. In particular, I'm downloading balace sheet/income/cash flow data for a large set of corporates. I have two issues:

1) I'm using "TR.ISPeriodEndDate"/"TR.BSPeriodEndDate"/"TR.CFPeriodEndDate" to match the data to its time stamp, but in several occasions all three dates are missing while there is actual BS data and I can check on screen which year it refers to. Are there alternatives codes that could be of use?

2) I have noticed that many of the companies which deliver all NAs for balance sheet data are, not surprisingly, private. But there are also private companies which do report data. Is there any TR.(...) variable that flags whether a company is public or private?

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Fernando E.,

May be helpful and save time if you mention the specific examples/RICs where you see these missing vs present, so we can compare the results?

Hello @Fernando E.,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @Fernando E.,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @Fernando E. - thanks for your question.

1) So assume you have a IS field such as TR.Revenue you can toggle the output for that field from the default which will be value to a host of other output types. Please see the parameter tab in the Data Item Browser (type DIB into Eikon Search).

At the bottom you can toggle output and that gives you the option for more output types. As you change them you can see the field call in the bottom right change for each output type. eg you can request ' TR.Revenue(Period=FY0).calcdate', 'TR.Revenue(Period=FY0).periodenddate' and 'TR.Revenue(Period=FY0)' to get the dates (of which there are a few you can try them all and see which one gives you what you want) and the actual value itself.

2) If you type in 'private' into the Data Item Browser there are many fields there - each with a description - so one of those might be of help. You can also put a private company RIC into the instrument section of the DIB and then see what the values come out for each field. You may then be able to use one of them.

I hope this can help.

1591713144254.png (489.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.