question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 1 1

RFA .Net Error Message

Hi,

Currently, I am using RFA .Net consumer and researching about possible all errors for Data State and Stream States, when processing the MarketPrice Response. Could you provide all the possible value for RespMsg.StatusText, and the related meaning for it.

I could not find it anywhere in the RFA .net or RDM documentation.It would be great if anyone could provide more details about it.

Thank you!

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @han.sg

You can certainly log the StatusText value - can be quite useful for diagnostic purposes.We just don't recommend you parse or query the text value and control program behaviour based on Status text value.

I cannot say if messages will always start with a particular character - as stated earlier the text value can change over time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @han.sg

The Status Text message values can change over time, they are not guaranteed to remain the same - so you should not program any code which parses/acts upon the content of the text value

Instead, refer to the enum values for RespStatus.StatusCodeEnum , RespStatus.DataStateEnum and RespStatus.StreamStateEnum

The links are for the online docs, but you should be able to find the same in the offline docs included with the RFA .NET SDK

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 2 1 1

Hi Umer

Thank you for your info.

Just to confirm an extra question.

When the dataState = EDataState.Suspect. Does status text help to log the error? Is there any special rules for the StatusText message. For example, the error message always start with "*".

Thanks,

Ha Nguyen

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 2 1 1

Hi Umer,

Thank you for your answer.

I am trying to cover all the errors from DataState and StreamState.

For DataState, I record all the item whenever the DataState changes from OK to Suspect. For the StreamState, does the StreamState change from Open to Non-Open indicates error or not?

Thank you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @han.sg

As mentioned below, a change in Data state to suspect would indicate that the server believes the data is stale, currently unavailable or some other problem. This is a warning to you so as not to trust the data until you receive DataState OK

Likewise for StreamState the most likely changes you would see are to Closed or ClosedRecover - and these are described (along with the other values) in the documentation stated below.

Upvote
7.6k 15 6 9

@han.sg

As far as I understand, if it's not the case that your app closes the item stream(using unregisterClient etc.), the stream state change from Open to Non-Open may indicate some error or change on the Provider Server-side.

Have you checked the information from RFA.NET Developer Guide(RFANET_DevelopersGuide.pdf provided under folder Docs) section 7.1.14 Response Status (the Stream States and the Data States)? There is some description about the item stream state and data state.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.