Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Download of Quarterly data for banks

Good morning Sirs, I am a PhD candidate from Italy and I need some help with data because I am not an expert on Eikon. I need banks' quarterly data for my research but when I try to download them, I see for each quarter the same data (in terms of assets and other variables I need) for each individual bank. In other words, there is no change in data between one quarter and another, so it seems data are annual and not quarterly. Am I making some mistakes in setting the download or quarterly data for European banks are not available? Thanks a lot for the help.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidataDownload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @giovanni.coppola,

We would like to help, and in order to do so, let me try to clarify:

The majority of the members of this forum are developers working with Refinitiv APIs, the moderators of this forum are Refinitiv API experts. This is why we do not have the in-depth understanding and expertise in all areas of Refinitiv content.

If you would like to identify the correct Eikon content, confirm that you are requesting the correct content, clarify if there are any issues with the content, the best help for a customer can be received from Refinitiv content experts, by opening a content support case with Refinitiv Content Helpdesk online, or over the phone by dialing your local Refinitiv Helpdesk.

If you would like us to be able to review the request you are running, in terms of API access, please share the complete request?

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @giovanni.coppola,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Here's an example of retrieving Total Assets and Total Deposits for a few banks for the last 8 quarters using Eikon Data APIs. For more info on how to go about metadata (field names and parameters) discovery for use with Eikon Data APIs see this tutorial.

ek.get_data(['DANSKE.CO','BAC.N','DBKGn.DE'],
            ['TR.BSPeriodEndDate',
             'TR.TotalAssetsReported','TR.TotalDepositsBnk'],
            {'Period':'FQ0','SDate':'0','EDate':'FQ-7','Frq':'FQ'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.