question

Upvotes
Accepted
124 2 2 0

RFA file logger behaviors with horizontal scaling

Hi all, I need some help on understanding the file logger behaviors.

Considering horizontal scaling is enabled and there are 3 session-adapters running within a same process, may I know:

1. Is the same logger instance shared among the 3 session-adapters instance?
  2. Is it possible to have different log file for each session-adapter instance? e.g. \Logger\AppLogger\fileLoggerFilename = "./rfa_{InstanceId}.log"
  3. Does RFA creates another thread within the Logger package to perform the file writing?
treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@kc.lam

RFA logger does not have a configuration to create multiple rfa.log files when running with Horizontal scaling, so you can not set the instance_id to create a different log for each connection/session.

As far as I understand, RFA still shares the same file, and the behavior of the logger does not change in this scenario. RFA internal adapters will submit the log message to RFA internal threads and will write it to the same files. Hence I think it's not necessary to create more threads to handle this situation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks so much for the explanation.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.