question

Upvotes
Accepted
29 2 4 4

I have an EMA C++ consumer appilcation which does offstream posting. I want to run multiple instances using the same machine account/password. Is this allowed?

I have an working consumer application with offstream posting based on :

https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-cc/learning?content=26452&type=learning_material_item

I would like to run multiple instances. Each instance posts (contributes) a different set of data.

Sometimes when I start up the 2nd instance, it closes the connection on the first instance and sometimes, it doesn't.

I am using the same machine account/password and the same EmaConfig.xml for both instances.

I'm not sure what I need to change, to make this work properly.

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@efreeman

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @efreeman,

Some fixes around mutli-consumer via the same machine id were introduced in ESDK version 1.4. Are you perhaps on 1.3 version? If no, please disregard. If so, please consider testing with the latest version that has all the latest fixes, 1.5.

Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @efreeman,

I have received the response form Contributions product team. An application is not allowed to use same credentials more than once, concurrently. Hope that clarifies.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hello @efreeman,

I don't think multiple instances are allowed to connect, using the same set of credentials. Your second instance might be getting past this by being routed to a different server by the load balancer - but it is not always guaranteed to work.

I will check with product team about the correct protocol for multiple applications.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
29 2 4 4

Hi Gupreet,

I was waiting for your followup. It seems like I will probably need multiple credentials in order to have multiple connections.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for waiting, I have chased up product team again.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.