Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

ek version

Hi. I'm pretty new to this so please don't be too shocked at the simple queries I may make. How can I upgrade my version of 'ek'? When I enter " ek.__version__ " in python I get. '0.1.13'. I know that is old and I'd like to get on the newest version. Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@kerry.lytle

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@kerry.lytle

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

I assume you installed eikon from pypi.org with the command "pip install eikon".

To upgrade it, you can type :

pip install eikon--upgrade

You should switch to the latest version (1.1.2)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Greetings. Sorry for the delayed response.

'pip install eikon--upgrade' did not work.

However 'pip install eikon --upgrade' did.

I also got messages that stated I needed to upgrade python. So I ran 'python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip'

Now i'm on 20.2 and ek.__version__'1.1.2' . Many thanks for your assistance.

(I also had to manually permission my python folder to allow the install...)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.