Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 6 10 13

What is the error with this simple query?

I am running the followng simply query:

data,err    = ek.get_data(['UBSG.S'],['CF_CURR'],parameters={'SDate': '2020-06-19', 'EDate': '2020-06-19'});

But i keep receiving the following error:

EikonError: Error code 400 | Backend error. 400 Bad Request

I am curious why it does not work as there are barely no data request and it is not a complex query. Could anyone point out if there is something wrong with this query or why this error would come all the time?

It seems that it is field related as other fields work jsut fine. Anyting reason why this particular field 'CF_CURR' could return this error?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Tulkkas

I reproduced the behavior you describe. There seems to be an intermittent problem with retrieving snapshot market data using Eikon Data APIs. I raised this issue to Refinitiv Support, who will be investigating the problem. Refinitiv Helpdesk will get back to you with regular updates. In case you'd like to follow up on this issue with the Helpdesk, the case number is 08883444.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Update from the support team: The team found that the issue is from the server side. The issue has been fixed.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

The field CF_CURR is a real time field, and does not have time series available. You can check Data Item Browser for fields which have time series.

1592924889830.png (24.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.3k 53 17 14
Update from the support team: The team found that the issue is from the server side. The issue has been fixed.
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.