Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 4 6

Hi, is there an issue with the Eikon Data API, I am randomly getting Error code 400 | Backend error. 400 Bad Request on very basic data requests.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @danny.mullins1,

I run a couple of quick requests, did not reproduce the issue. There seems to be no permanent issue. However, from what you are saying, the manifestation of this is intermittent, either the issue happening is intermittent, or it is related to intermittent interruptions of your connectivity to Eikon upstream endpoints.

I have taken a look at Service Alerts on My Refinitiv via Eikon search, and could not find any correlated information.

Suggest to touch base with your local networking team, to be sure there are not interruptions to connectivity.

If confirmed negative, give a little time to observe. Hopefully all well, but If neither resolves nor appears in Service Alerts as in works, to open a support case with Refinitiv Helpdesk on product=Eikon to investigate what you are seeing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.