Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 1 2 3

Option Chain From MCX Future: MCGBN0

Hi,

I'm using the Eikon Data API and I'm not being able to pull the option chain data related to a specific future via ek.get_data. Have attached the screenshot of the chain. The future RIC : MCGBN0. If you could provide the exact command.

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apichain-ric
option-chain.png (93.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@jagjit.singh

Please try '0#MCGB+' representing Multi Commodity Exchange Of India Crude Oil Energy Option Chain Contracts.

df, e = ek.get_data('0#MCGB+',['PRCTCK_1','PCTCHNG','TRDPRC_1','BID','ASK','PUTCALLIND','EXPIR_DATE','STRIKE_PRC'])
df.dropna()

The output is:

1593159332097.png (67.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

For delayed RICs (prefixed with a slash '/'), you can use '0#/MCGB+' instead.

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @jagjit.singh

I am assuming that you are trying to expand "MCGBN0" chain RIC?

The "MCGBN0" is not a chain RIC.

Maybe you can try "0#MCGBN0" ? (I do not have access to it so I could not check).

ahs.png (11.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.