Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

StreamingPrices run forever

Hi,

I'm using the Eikon Data API and trying to get streaming prices working from a script (not jupyter). I'm using the example code provided on PyPI and on github (in a script form). Currently the streaming_prices.open() receives updates and refreshes for the specified instruments and then almost immediately completes and ends the script. Is there a way to run a StreamingPrices instance "forever" and use the callbacks to evaluate realtime data?

Cheers
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apistreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@airxhi

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @airxhi

You can try something like

streaming = ek.StreamingPrices(....) 
streaming.open() 
asyncio.get_event_loop().run_until_complete(asyncio.sleep(60)) 
streaming.close()

where the above will open the stream, run for 60 seconds before closing the stream.

If you want to run forever you can put the asyncio call in a continuous loop?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi ,

Have one query . If we go like above ...and put asyncio call in continuous while loop ....will after 60 seconds the code will again request for new streaming.open() request and it will be counted as 1 more request or it will just keep the current stream open and will not count it as a seperate request. This i'm asking in context of the number of streaming.open requests we can send in a day ..Also in one request how many instruments i can send for streaming prices . I need to get the AT THE MONEY strike prices of a particular option during a session ...instead of subscribing to all strikes is there a way i can subscribe to ATM strike RIC's in between the session ...I have used above streamingPrices open request only at start of the session .

Thanks

Sumit

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Hi Umer,

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Kind Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 1 5

Hi ,

Have one query . If we go like above ...and put asyncio call in continuous while loop ....will after 60 seconds the code will again request for new streaming.open() request and it will be counted as 1 more request or it will just keep the current stream open and will not count it as a seperate request. This i'm asking in context of the number of streaming.open requests we can send in a day ..Also in one request how many instruments i can send for streaming prices . I need to get the AT THE MONEY strike prices of a particular option during a session ...instead of subscribing to all strikes is there a way i can subscribe to ATM strike RIC's in between the session ...I have used above streamingPrices open request only at start of the session .

Thanks

Sumit

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.