question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Eikon App data format for Price - how to interpret it?

I noticed that for some instruments, price values have unknown data format for me. Example for the instrument 912810RT7=RRPS :

How can I interpret these values? Is there an alternative way to query the data for the =RRPS RICs which would display the prices as decimal values, rather than fractional?

To search the price for the latest quote, I look via Quote window for the specified RIC.

eikoneikon-com-api
eikon-values.png (7.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

US Treasuries by convention are quoted in 32nds with minimum price fluctuation of 1/8 of a 32nd or 1/256. The notation on the offer side of the quote in your screenshot is interpreted as 116 + (26 + 1/4)/32 = 116.8203125. If you retrieve SEC_ACT_1 field, which provides the offer side of the quote, into Excel or using Eikon APIs, the data will be returned as a decimal value. Eikon displays the quote in 32nds because this is how traders dealing in US Treasuries are used to view it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, Alex!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.