For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 2 4

How should I respond to A7 Source did not respond

My application submits a batch streaming request with many rics. Some rics received the status response A7 Source did not respond.
What is the appropriate way to handle this? Will the Elektron Websocket API resume sending updates when they are available without any intervention, or is it like a poison message, and once I have received this I will not receive any updates?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@james_molohon

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hi @james_molohon

The "A7: Source did not respond" is generated by the ADS server. This status message sent when a requested service is known to be available but ADS did not receive a response for an item and the item retry limit has been reached.

Therefore, this would indicate that the ADH is not sending the instrument to the ADS / it is not receiving the item from the ADH for some reason.

I recommend you contact Elektron Realtime support team to help you investigate this issue in more detail.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18 0 2 4

Thank you for your response @Wasin Waeosri We've already been in contact with the support team, and learned there was a system outage that I could monitor status by subscribing to ric "ALERT55".

My question is about the future, when this status is sent, and what steps are necessary on my end to recover. Will ADS stream any updates for a ric after that message is sent?

I ask this because when I observed this A7 message in the application log, I was able to connect to the ADS from my browser and receive tick updates for the same ric.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @james_molohon

The application can check for the Status Response Message (message type "Status") attributes to verify the action on the consumer application side.

• Data: Represents the quality of the data in the response or in the event stream.
  • Stream: The state of the event stream when using the request/response with interest paradigm.
  • Text: Specifies additional information about the current state.

Example Status message is following:

{
    "ID":2,
    "Key":{
      "Name":"IBM.N",
      "Service":"API_RDF"
    },
    "State":{
      "Data":"Suspect",
      "Stream":"Open",
      "Text":"A23: Service has gone down. Will recall when service becomes available."
    },
    "Type":"Status"
  }

If the application gets "Stream": "Open" with "Data":"Suspect" values, it means the item stream remain opened but data is not available right now. Basically, TREP/Elektron automatic recovery item subscription for the application once the problem resolved on the server-side. However, if it takes too long you may need to contact the Elektron Support team.

If the application gets "Stream":"Closed" value, it means the item stream is closed because the data is not available on this service.

If the application gets "Stream":"ClosedRecover" value, it means the item stream is closed however data can be recovered on this service and connection at a later time.

Please see more detail regarding other Stream/Data State values in the Status Message Document of Elektron WebSocket API Developer Guide page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.