Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 2 3 3

How many data points can we receive using eikon python api (get_data) per requests and it's error handling?

As in the documentation suggests 10K datapoints per requests but what will happen if the requests will provide more than 10k cells does it throws as error or will it simply give us a None value?

main_data,error = ek.get_data(RICS_lists,Required_fields,{'SDate':str(0), 'EDate':str(-len(date_index)+1), 'Frq':str(Frequency),'Period':str(Period),'ConsolBasis':str(ConsolBasis)})

From this line of code, I am trying to fetch data for 340 RICs from 2009 till present on a monthly frequency FOR fields (TR.Revenue, TR.Revenue.calcdate)

So the Total Number of Datapoints will be (137*340) or 2*(137*340)?

Since the total number of Cells is above 10K points this line of code doesn't give me an error.

Will this request truncate/remove the data points just to be in the limit?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@abhichikara

Refer to this thread, the get_data limitation isn't applied in the latest version. We will update the guideline.

From my test, I can get more than 10K datapoints.

data1,err = ek.get_data('0#.NDX',['TR.RIC']) data3 = ek.get_data(data1['RIC'][0:15].tolist(),['TR.ClosePrice.Date','TR.ClosePrice'], {'Sdate':'1990-01-01', 'EDate':'2019-12-17'})    data3[0].dropna()

1593489837764.png (33.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @abhichikara

Please refer to section What happens when a limit is reached? in Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline

icon clock
10 |1500

As I indicated in the question I am requesting a call that will provide me points above the data points limits yet it's not giving me an error.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.