question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

exceeded initialization timeout (5 s)

My connection stopped working and I can not understand the reason (if it is on my side or it is application level Reuters problem):

These are what I know:

1.API:JAVA EMA

2.Error Msg:

loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Error

Text: Received ChannelDown event on channel Channel_1

Instance Name Consumer_1_1

RsslReactor @3cef309d

RsslChannel @306279ee

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Error - exceeded initialization timeout (5 s)

loggerMsgEnd

login failed (timed out after waiting 2000 milliseconds) for

3.Extra

1. VPN is connected.
  2. Telnet could connect.
  3. Another computer cound work.
  4. My development environment is MacOS 10.15.5
  5. I have used XmlTraceToStdout,but I didn't get useful message.
  6. Only one another person to use this APP ID,so I think I did not exceed the limit.
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apiOMMtime-outerror-login
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@liangyu

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@liangyu

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@liangyu

Refer to the API compatibility matrix document, EMA Java doesn't support MacOS. Currently, it supports Windows, Oracle Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Centos.

Please replicate the problem on the supported operating systems.

You can run an EMA Java example on the supported platform to verfiy the problem.

1593763872510.png (54.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.