Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 0 0 0

Retrieving Options' Exercise Style

I need to identify the exercise style(European or American) of the options that the get.data() method returns.

According to Data Item Browser, the data item name <Exercise Style> with a description "The option exercise style.Possible values are European, American, Event Linked or Schedule" should do the job.

So I add the data item code ['TR.WarrantExerciseStyle'] into the field of my get_data() method.

However the terminal returns ""Unable to collect data for the field 'TR.WarrantExerciseStyle' and some specific identifier(s).", 'row': 0"

Is it a user right issue or should I use some other method?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @22609795

You need to use 'PUT_CALL' field

ek.get_data(['SPXWS062090000.U','NDXg172040000.U','IBMG172012000.U'],'PUT_CALL')

If you know that this field is available on the real time quote then you can check its name by hover over that value.

ahs2.jpg (14.7 KiB)
ahs.jpg (88.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Problem solved! Very detailed explanation, thanks~

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.