question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 3 1 2

Reuters COM API working but Excel RIbbon missing

Hi Community,

I have the problem that the add-in is working (RtGet() and RtContribute() work fine for example) only the Thomson Reuters Ribbon is not showing in my Excel 2010. COM Add-In is activated. Maybe as an additional Information: we started opening Excel sheets programmatically by using Powershell recently. Reuters works fine with it only the ribbon is always missing now for some unknown reason.

eikoneikon-com-apieikon-for-office
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
23 3 1 2

Hi Alex,

the fix Customer Support provided helped. By renaming the existing Cache folder and letting Eikon create a new one the ribbon is shown again. Maybe it makes sense to post the solution in case someone else experiences the same issue in the future.

Thank you

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@martin.becker

This issue requires troubleshooting on the machine where the issue is reproduced, which cannot effectively be done on this forum. The best resource for this kind of issue is Refinitiv Helpdesk. I opened support case on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. The case number is 08966221. You will be contacted by Refinitiv Helpdesk to troubleshoot the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.