question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

What is the difference between Messenger SxS API and Messenger Bot API?

messenger-bot-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

I will contact Dino to help the client on this question.

@acedor

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @acedor

The Messenger SxS (Side by Side) API aims for external application to connect and send information to the Refinitiv Messenger application via user interaction.

The Messenger Bot API aims for external application to act like a bot to interact (sends and receives information) with Refinitiv Messenger application via a programmatic way.

Please see more detail regarding the interactive Bot API use cases in the following examples:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello,

Can we create a conversation between external application and Refinitiv Messenger by using Messenger SxS API? For example, there is a chat window in the external application and we can chat inside this application with users connected in Refinitiv Messenger (send/receive messages in external application). Is this possible with SxS API ?

Thank you or your reply!

Hello @acedor

Could you please clarify more detail regarding your requirements? Do you means you want user in an external chat application can chat cross application to users in Refinitiv Messenger?

Please note that the SxS API is uni-directional for now, thus you can only send messages to Refinitiv Messenger but cannot receive messages from it.

Hello,

We have a Web site application, we hope our clients(external) on this site can have a conversational chat directly on this platform with our internal users who use Refinitiv Messenger. The Web site clients (external) don't have to install or register Refinitiv. According to what I understand, it is impossible with SxS API, your suggestion is Messenger Bot API, am I right? Thank you in advance.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @acedor

Could you please clarify my understanding regarding your requirements below?

1. Your internal staff is currently use Refinitiv message for your internal communication
  2. You want your external users to be able to chat with your staff (who currently in Refinitiv messenger system) via the web site's chat box
  3. The external users do not have to install or register Refinitiv Messenger account.

If I am understanding correctly, I will check with the Product team to verify if the Messenger APIs suitable to your requirement.

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes exactly. Thank you.

Hello @acedor

Please be informed that this comment is private. Could you please contact your Refintiiv representative and Messenger APIs team Dino Diviacchi (dino.diviacchi@refinitiv.com) to get in touch with you regarding the requirement in more detail?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.