Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 2 3 3

Duplicate reported date with different data points?

I requested historical data for the following fields

Required_fields = ['TR.EBIT', 'TR.ISOriginalAnnouncementDate', 'TR.EBIT.calcdate']

main_data,error = ek.get_data(['HDBK.NS'],Required_fields,{'SDate':str(0), 'EDate':str(-137), 'Frq':'M','Period':'FQ0','ConsolBasis':'Consolidated','ReportingState':'Orig'})

As in the given screenshot, there are duplicate ISOriginalAnnouncementDate with different data points.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
check2.png (59.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @abhichikara - please use the following code - this seems to work

Required_fields = ['TR.F.EBIT', 'TR.F.OriginalAnnouncementDate', 'TR.F.EBIT.calcdate']
main_data,error = ek.get_data(['HDBK.NS'],Required_fields,{'SDate':0, 'EDate':-137, 'Frq':'Q','Period':'FQ0','ConsolBasis':'Consolidated','ReportingState':'Orig'})
main_data

1594636780356.png (69.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jason.ramchandani Thanks it sure solves the problem of duplicate dates but what's the difference between using TR.EBIT' and TR.F.EBIT'. Is there any proper detailed documentation/definition for the fields which can be used with python API?

Hi @abhichikara - glad the code worked for you. So the TR.F.fields use our new Company Fundamentals service. You can find out details the new Refinitiv Co. Fundamentals by looking at the in- product service announcement - see below screenshot (What's new)

If you have any further queries or questions - as @chavalit.jintamalit says you can contact the content helpdesk who can give you authoritative explanations on content issues. I will speak with the product manager however and see if we can get some documentation around this as it is a little confusing.

1594642547027.png (508.9 KiB)
Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @abhichikara thanks for your question. Yes indeed the entries are repeated as you are asking for a quarterly figure on a monthly basis. The field you requested is an as reported field - so if the company only updates on a quarterly basis you are limited to that. However, if you want a field that represents estimates that change more often you could try TR.EBITMean or TR.EBITDAMean. Those should give you different monthly values of the quarterly forecast - as analysts update their estimates.

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 2 3 3

Hi @jason.ramchandani , thanks for the reply so i have requested the data again with the quarterly frequency yet it is again showing the two same dates with different values on 10/19/2019 of income statement original announce date.

check2.png (28.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @abhichikara

First of all, these fields in your request are from the different databases so you cannot expected them to be aligned on the same date (but in this case, they just happen to be aligned).

I also tried to retrieve the same set of data using Eikon Excel.

From your original question, I think this is the question.

Why the TR.ISOriginalAnnouncementDate value is duplicate for different data periods as in the picture below:

This forum is not the best place to clarify content behaviors or is the datapoint is invalid?

For an authoritative answer to any content questions, the best resource is the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.

The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs3.png (206.3 KiB)
ahs1.png (154.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.