question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 8 13 13

API Credentials

Hi

I have to use Elektron Java API. Are the credentials for using Websocket API and Java API same?

I have Machine id,Machine password, position and client id for Websocket API but for Java API I require host name,service name and user name.

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @dhruv.arora

Since you have been provided with a MachineID, this would suggest that the ERT in Cloud is the be data delivery mechanism you should be using.

If you had a TREP server available to you, you would have been provided with a hostname + username by your Market Data team or your Refinitiv Account team.

If you would like further information on System Architecture, how the APIs work and other concepts, I recommend you read the API_ConceptsGuide.pdf which can be found in the Java\Ema\Docs folder of the ElektronSDK which you downloaded previously.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @dhruv.arora

The credentials/login parameters you require will be determined by the connection endpoint e.g. if you are connecting to say an onsite TREP/ADS server you require the hostname and username - if you are connecting to ERT in Cloud, then you use the MachineID, Machine Password etc - regardless of if you are using WebSocket API or Elektron SDK Java API.

For using your MachineID etc with Elektron Java API please refer to the Elektron Message API or Elektron Transport API QuickStart for ERT in Cloud type connection.

You will note that both these two QuickStarts both required MachineID, Password and ClientID as parameters.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Umer, I have created the keystore file using keytool. Can you please let me know, which examples should i look into , where I can use machineid/userid, password and keystore file ? I downloaded Elektron SDK - Java - 1.5.0.L1 and in directory, java examples are given which ask for host name, username and service name. Can you please point me towards examples where I can use Machineid, password,clientid and keystore file ?

Upvote
22k 58 14 21

Hi @dhruv.arora, Please see this QuickStart guide to get you started. There is a separate section for connection to ERT Cloud vs TREP. The credentials you need will depend on which endpoint you are trying to connect to.

For the local TREP connection, you can use your existing DACS login/application ID etc for using websocket API. For connection to ERT Cloud infrastructure, you will need a new set of credentials, which are different from your local TREP creds. Please talk to your Refinitiv account manager on how you can get a trial account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

@Umer Nalla I have created the keystore file using keytool. Can you please let me know, which examples should i look into , where I can use machineid/userid, password and keystore file ? I downloaded Elektron SDK - Java - 1.5.0.L1 and in directory, java examples are given which ask for host name, username and service name. Can you please point me towards examples where I can use Machineid, password,clientid and keystore file ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @dhruv.arora

Excellent - so once you created the Keystore file, did you actually run through the Build and run an ERT in Cloud example step and successfully consume some data?

You will note that the EMA Quickstart uses the EMA consumer example 450 and the ETA QuickStart uses ETA example VAConsumer.

In addition to the above two examples, EMA also has example 113 which also allows an ERT in Cloud connection using MachineID etc.

If you need further assistance, please advise which Elektron SDK API you are using - EMA or ETA - so we can be more specific rather than providing general assistance for both APIs?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

Hi @Umer Nalla

I am using EMA. I understand that EMA is high level API and ETA is low level API. We want to consume real time data. I could see, you mentioned of TREP/ADS server , which requires host name and service name. Can you please guide me, which one should be used ERT or TREP? And how are they different ?

Thanks , Dhruv

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.