question

Upvotes
Accepted
24 5 3 8

How to get consolidated RIC and Primary RIC for ETF in TRTH

Hi All,

I am looking at ETF instruments. Most of the time I know the primary RIC (eg: SPY.P)

but from that I would like to know what is the consolidated RIC over all the venues. How can I do that ?

Also sometime I just know a ric from a venue (SPY.Z) and I want to get the primary (SPY.P), is it possible to get this information from trth ?

Best regards,

tick-history-rest-apisymbologyetf
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Tux1

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Tux1,

Do not believe that consolidated RIC info is stored in TRTH, as it is by convention, per Exchange. Please see this previous discussion and comment by Alex Putkov with examples.

You can pull Primary Trading RIC via Terms and Conditions request, for example:

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC", "CUSIP", "ISIN", "SEDOL", "Issuer OrgID", "Currency Code", "Primary Trading RIC"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers":
                { "Identifier": "SPY.Z", "IdentifierType": "Ric" }
            ]
        }
    }
}

Resulting in

{
            "IdentifierType": "Ric",
            "Identifier": "SPY.Z",
            "RIC": "SPY.Z",
            "CUSIP": "78462F103",
            "ISIN": "US78462F1030",
            "SEDOL": "2840215",
            "Issuer OrgID": "114486340",
            "Currency Code": "USD",
            "Primary Trading RIC": "SPY.P"
        }

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, very helpful. Is there a way to get the consolidated ric now ?

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @Tux1,

The symbol cross reference in DSS could provide references to other RIC such as consolidated RICs. I'm not sure if you have an access on this information. You can try this page on DSS GUI. The data can also be extracted with Symbol Cross Reference Report template of DSS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24 5 3 8

I don't have access to Symbol Cross Reference. Is there another way based on Terms and Condition or some Tick based templates ?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

@Tux1

For the content question, you can directly contact the Tick History support team via MyRefinitiv to get a prompt response.

1595478071562.png (17.3 KiB)
Upvotes
24 5 3 8

Any way to get the consolidated RIC from a normal RIC or primary RIC ?

From BAC.N => BAC

From AAPL.OQ => AAPL.O

etc

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @Tux1,

Not a content expert. I can get consolidated RIC with Instrument Search using ISIN.

- Retrieve ISIN using TermsAndConditions report template.

- Search ISIN in the InstrumentSearch. You will get the list of RIC related to the ISIN including consolidated RIC.

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/InstrumentSearch
{
  "SearchRequest": {
    "InstrumentTypeGroups": [
      "CollatetizedMortgageObligations",
      "Commodities",
      "Equities",
      "FuturesAndOptions",
      "GovCorp",
      "MortgageBackedSecurities",
      "Money",
      "Municipals",
      "Funds"
    ],
    "IdentifierType": "Isin",
    "Identifier": "US0378331005",
    "PreferredIdentifierType": "Ric"
  }
}

The consolidated RIC can be identified with "Source" field. The "NSQ" is

"NASDAQ Global Select Consolidated". You can find the list with GetExchanges

{
            "Identifier": "AAPL.O",
            "IdentifierType": "Ric",
            "Source": "NSQ",
            "Key": "VjF8MHgwMDAzZGQwMDEzN2U2NGQ3fDB4MDAwM2RjMDA0YTRlODQ1ZnxOU1F8RVFRVXxFUVRZfE9EU0h8RXx8QUFQTC5PfDEzMDQ",
            "Description": "APPLE ORD",
            "InstrumentType": "EquityQuote",
            "Status": "Valid"
        },
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.