Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Error code 500 | Backend error. 500 Internal Server Error

Hi,

I need an immediate answer!!

I am trying to get some data and get the following exception: Error code 500 | Backend error. 500 Internal Server Error.

I tried from 2 different users with many different data points, every fetches only 1 RIC and 1 date and got the same exception.

(And It's not permissions problems- already checked it.)

Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@gal15

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any update on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

@gal15

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any update on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @gal15 - how is this issue going - is it resolved now? Is the 500 error appearing intermittently or under load? Can you provide the API call code and context you are using (ie in a loop etc) . FYI some customers were experiencing some 503 errors which were investigated by the dev team not sure if this is linked https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/63206/error-code-503-server-error-api-proxy-is-not-avail-4.html?childToView=63278#answer-63278

thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @gal15 Thanks for your question -

The Eikon API Proxy may not be running on the machine.

Please follow steps in this article to verify if the Eikon API Proxy is running.

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Jason,

its not the first time we are using Eikon API an hour ago it worked with exactly the same code but now it isn't, we have already checked to proxy so its not the problem

Hi i also have this error in a code that i have to run daily, could you provide any help? the article is no longer available

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.