Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

Python EIkon API - Getting 503 errors for the last three days. Anyone else seeing this?

For the last three days I've consistently been hitting 503 errors when trying to pull data using the Python Eikon API. Anyone else seeing this? If this is a known issue, could someone please reply with the post from Reuters?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have the same problem

Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

Hi @willis.kidd, @m.iyongo We have the following update that may or may not be relevant as we don't know your versions etc. We had another 503 error that was investigated by our dev team and here follows the advice from them:

He was able to reproduce the issue with same versions (Desktop 4.0.52055 + PROXY (9.52.0.51). But once he removed Eikon (and all related directories like user cache) then reinstalled it, now it's working well. Further, he wasn’t able to come back to the initial status to reproduce the issue. He thinks that’s linked to the way that Eikon is updated and/or upgraded.

Something that causes the issue could persist in Eikon cache (or elsewhere). We have forwarded to the Eikon Team to investigate further but in the interim the tests/steps are as follows:

1. Clean Eikon cache, then retry.

2. Reboot the machine then retry.

3. Uninstall Eikon (check that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters" and "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Thomson Reuters\Eikon User" was suppressed or are empty), then reinstall Eikon.

I'm sorry if the third option is quite radical, but I don't see another one.

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@willis.kidd

See the discussion on the following thread.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/63206/error-code-503-server-error-api-proxy-is-not-avail-4.html

There's at least one more user experiencing 503 error, which is being investigated. However based on the info available in your post we cannot be certain whether the issue you experience is similar to the one detailed on the above thread. Would you mind providing the details of the symptoms you experience? Have you tried restarting Eikon application? When restarting Eikon, make sure all Eikon processes are gone from Windows Task Manager after Eikon shutdown and before starting it up.

icon clock
10 |1500

I have not tried restarting Eikon. I'll go ahead and try that now.

The post you've linked doesn't resolve though.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.