For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 3

Market depth (L2 data) "Complete" flag

Hi,

I have question related to Market Depth response (L2 data).

In "Refresh" message which is the first response we receive sometimes contains flag called "Complete". I understand that the default of this flag is true if not present and we should wait for the next Refresh message.

Is it possible to get this 'Complete' flag even in "Update" event types (i.e all messages we receive after the "Refresh" ?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@krishna muppavarapu

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 59 14 21

Complete flag will only be included in the Refresh message. Update messages will not have this flag - however, due to race around condition, it might happen that you receive an Update message before the final Refresh message is received. So you should be able to handle this situation in your application.

See the message description for MBO here - https://docs-developers.refinitiv.com/1595352524651/14977/#page/RDM%2520Usage%2FMarketbyOrder.2.2.html%23

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your reply. If we receive update messages in between refresh messages then what should be the order in which we should consume?

Process all refresh messages in the order in which received and then process all updates in the same order we received (i.e all updates received before last refresh)

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @krishna muppavarapu

As you are looking at L2 data, you may also find this article useful. Whilst using EMA C++ for the coding, much of the intro section and techniques would apply to data received using Websocket API as well.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.