question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 5 3

Is QUOTE LISTS -> GET SIMPLE DATA V2 API call no longer available?

I'm trying to use the call to make retrieve multiple RICs within one call, and I can't find the section for this API call in the documentation.

Is this the call I should make to get multiple RICs at once? If so, can someone provide me with the proper JSON endpoint, headers and sample request body?

Thank you.

apirkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
21.9k 58 14 21

Hi @ovx-wxu, The call accepts three input parameters - RIC, Fields and Validation Mode. See this example JSON message below:

{
  "GetSimpleData_Request_2": {
    "RICs": {
      "RIC": [
        "IBM.N",
        "MSFT.O"
      ]
    },
    "FIDs": {
      "FID": [
        "DSPLY_NAME",
        "TRDPRC_1"
      ]
    },
    "validationMode": "Strict"
  }
}

I will raise the missing documentation problem with the product team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @ovx-wxu

I can find "Get Simple Data v2" under Home >> Catalog >> Quote Lists.

I tested it and it works fine with multiple instruments.

I think it may be related to your account's permission?

Please contact your account manager.

ahs.png (118.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 2 5 3

@chavalit.jintamalit Thank you for the response, I am able to find it on the portal, but it is giving me the following error. Also, I can't find the documentation for this API call in the documentation, both the PDF version and the web version. Specifically I'm looking for a sample JSON request, if you can provide me with the endpoint, headers, and body you used, it would be great. Thank you!

1595854942408.png (53.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

You can see the endpoint and JSON message in the Develop Tab in the portal (select Inspect).

Endpoint: http://api.trkd.thomsonreuters.com/api/QuoteLists/QuoteLists.svc/REST/QuoteLists_1/GetSimpleData_2
JSON: 
{
  "GetSimpleData_Request_2": {
    "RICs": {
      "RIC": [
        "IBM.N"
      ]
    }
  }
}

@Gurpreet. Thank you for the response, what are the input parameters for this call? Can you give me a link to the documentation for this call? The link on the portal doesn't seem to be working. This is what happens when I clicked "Developer's Guide" on that page.

1595861104196.png (34.6 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.