question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 8 13 13

OmmInvalidUsageException login failed (timed out)

Hi

I get the following error when trying to execute the jar file from ec2

20:08:56.666 [main] ERROR com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl - loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Error

Text: Received ChannelDown event on channel Channel_1

Instance Name Consumer_1_1

RsslReactor Channel is null

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=0 text=null

loggerMsgEnd

Exception in thread "main" Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:14002)', Error Code='-4052'

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.ommIUExcept(OmmBaseImpl.java:1380)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.handleLoginReqTimeout(OmmBaseImpl.java:1193)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.handleAdminDomains(OmmConsumerImpl.java:446)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.initialize(OmmBaseImpl.java:280)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.<init>(OmmConsumerImpl.java:43)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(EmaFactory.java:236)

at EMAConsumer.Consumer.main(Consumer.java:261)

But when i run the jar file on my local system, it runs fine and keeps pulling the data. I have enabled port 14002 also on ec2. Please let me know, if i need to do anything else?

Thanks

Dhruv

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @dhruv.arora,

Please confirm, are you testing with EMA Java example MarketPrice 113 Session Management, that uses encrypted channel? Or MarketPrice 100, plain RSSL channel?

Hi @zoya.farberov I am using example 450

1595450557927.png (2.3 KiB)

Hi @dhruv.arora,

EMA example 450 will on your behalf:

1. Authenticate to obtain a token

2. Request discovery to identify the appropriate endpoint per geo group (by default it's "us-east")

3. Connect to the assigned endpoint in the geo group (such as amer-3)

As you timing out, suspect you are blocked at some point. Would suggest to verify connectivity from your running instance to:

api.refinitiv.com Port 443(https)

amer-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com

amer-2.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com

amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com Port 443 and 14002

Hope this helps

Show more comments

@dhruv.arora

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

In conclusion, quoting from comments:

"It is solved now. I was using \\home\\ubuntu\\keystore.jks instead of //home//ubuntu//keystore.jks. It should have been // instead of \\ in my configuration file. "

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

The OmmConsumer throws an invalid usage exception when it times out in the constructor waiting for the login or connection up event. This is a built in behavior. Does your app handle exceptions?
Please post the code of your app to see if everything is "as designed".

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.