"Total": 1,  
  "Hits": [
    {
      "CommonName": "Amazon.com Inc",
      "DocumentTitle": "Amazon.com Inc, Public Company"
    }
  ]
}

Where does the ", Public Company" come from? What field name can I specify in `Select` to get this information?

Thanks!

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @Diane.Napolitano,

Reference and Meatadata lookup on API Playground can be of help.

Select controls result set per View based on Properties.

For the available Views try Reference -> scroll to View

To see available properties for Organisations,

run /search/beta1/metadata/views/{view}

https://api.refinitiv.com/search/beta1/metadata/views/Organisations

The result should contain:

{
  "Properties": {
    "ActiveDebtInstrumentCount": {
      "Type": "Double",
      "Searchable": true,
      "Sortable": true,
      "Navigable": true
    },
…
CommonAddressLine5": {
      "Type": "String",
      "Searchable": true
    },
    "CommonName": {
      "Searchable": true,
      "Sortable": true
    },
    "CommonNameJaHani": {
      "Searchable": true
    }, 
…

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you @zoya.farberov ! This is exactly what I needed. I found the data I was looking for in `DTSimpleType`. Thanks again.

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @Diane.Napolitano,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Where does the ', Public Company' come from?" ?

As far as I can tell, the only 'Select' specification is 'DocumentTitle' that will contain the reference to the term 'Public Company'. Are you specifically interested in retrieving this information within a specific, dedicated field? If so, I performed a simple request to retrieve all fields within the 'View' ('SearchAll'). Of the 10000 records returned, no dedicated field contains the term 'Public Company'. I would recommend you confirm with the Refinitiv Helpdesk as they can reach out to the specific team to confirm the content. Of course, the workaround is to programmatically extract this from the documentTitle.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @nick.zincone.1, yes, I'm interested in getting "Public Company" in a specific, dedicated field. `SearchAll` seems to provide a very limited set of fields per result, and I've been discovering a lot of useful ones through trial and error...I'll try reaching out to the Helpdesk to see if they have any comprehensive documentation on the search/ endpoint. Thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.