question

Upvote
Accepted
50 4 5 6

Can ADS support 5000 Websocket connections and 1000 services? Any parameters required to set?

My project is using EWA as the front-end consumer which will connect to the UPA interactive provider through ADS. In our use case we expect to have up to 5000 active users (meaning 5000 websocket connections) to consume 1000 services.

We found out that one parameter required to change is *ads*maxMounts as its default value is 100 and in our case it has to be 5000 or more.

We highly suspect that there are other settings/parameters that are required to configure as well. Could someone help to list out? Please also advise if having 1000 services is possible or not.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepADS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
210 4 6 8

You are correct about the parameter required for setting the maximum number of Websocket connections but I don't know if there are any performance studies based on that number of connections.

The same is true for that number of interactive providers. I'm not sure if it makes sense but it may be simpler to use non-interactive providers, which can all publish to the same or at least a smaller number of services. In addition it would be much simpler to configure, as you wouldn't need to configure 1000 routes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
50 4 5 6

Thanks Ron. We can't change it to non-interactive providers now. Do you know which team I should make a formal contact to get my questions confirmed?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
210 4 6 8

Your best bet is to contact the Thomson Reuters Help Desk or the Thomson Reuters Customer Zone at http://customers.thomsonreuters.com or your Technical Account Manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.