question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 10 13 14

Security Lookup using Refinitiv Data Platform libraries?

Which Refinitiv Data Platform API is available to perform security search (by RIC or security display name)? We are specifically using Refinitiv Data Platform Library for .NET.

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @GoGoGroundhog,

Sorry if I was not fully clear in my prior comment, and let me try to clarify.

On API Playground, you will see all RDP services your ID is permissioned to access, and will not see any RDP services that your assigned id is not permissioned to access. For example, RDP Symbology service.

As you are interested in using RDP Symbology service, for security lookup, suggest to contact your Refinitiv account team to discuss permissioining options for RDP Symbology service.

At this time, to my best knowledge, RDP Symbology is an independent offering, and can be purchased as such, separately, but it can also be included in package with another RDP service. Your Refinitiv account team would be able to advise you on the best option for you and help requesting.

Hope this is explanation is more detailed and allows you to proceed?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @zoya.farberov
I noticed we do have access to /discovery/symbology/v1 via the API Playground, but using any method (including lookup) just brings up the busy indicator and never returns, so we cannot try it out.
I haven't found information on the /discovery/symbology/v1 endpoint. Is that a newer version of what was /data/symbology/beta or does it serve different purposes? Can it be used to implement a symbol lookup (we want to mimic what happens when you enter characters in Eikon's or Workspace's search edit field).

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @GoGoGroundhog,

To learn what RDP services are currently available, the front page of Refinitiv Data Platfrom API is a good resource.

RDP Symbology service has very recently released version V1, while the previous version Beta2 also remains supported.

In RDP Documentation section, you will find the latest version covered in Symbology User Guide and Beta in Simple Symbology User Guide.

The user credential has to be permissioned for any service they look to utilize.

RDP Library for .NET, from my looking at the available examples, does not include an example for Symbology use, as of now. RDP Libraries for Python, Javascript and .Net are ease-of-use tier, and they should cover the major functionality for RDP services, eventually. As RDP services at present are actively evolving area, the libraries improvements will come as the important follow-up step. .NET library is community-based, open-source effort, please see the description, so the pace of the functionality appearing is defined by the availability of time and may differ.

Hope this info helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks @zoya.farberov
Apparently, we do not have access to /data/symbology/beta2. At least this API is not listed on API Playground under "My APIs". How can we get access to this beta API? Note that we do have access to other data APIs like data/historical-pricing, and /discovery/symbology, which appears to be not the right API for the task at hand.

Hello @GoGoGroundhog,

Symbology Beta service use remains supported for the existent Beta version users. The functionality included in V1 is more extensive, and should be preferred. To my understanding, the new users of Symbology service are permissioned on version V1.

I am assuming you are using another RDP service, via .Net? If so, and you do not see Symbology v1 on API Playground, suggest to contact your Refinitiv account team to discuss permissioning for Symbology V1 use.

Upvotes
87 10 13 14

Thanks @zoya.farberov
I am not sure what you mean with "I am assuming you are using another RDP service, via .Net?". We are using the community provided DotNet wrapper. While developing, we connect to the infrastructure mainly via Desktop (Refinitiv Workspace as we had trouble with Eikon) and sometimes also via Deployed (in-house TREP). When our product will be deployed, othe goial is that ur customers will be able to connect through any mechanism (Desktop / RDP Clound / Deployed).

We do not have access to the beta APIs because we are not taking part in the beta programme. So actually, I would expect that we do have access to /data/symbology/v1 then, but I cannot see it in the API Playground under "My APIs" (can only see /data/symbology/beta2 but again onyl via "All APIs").

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.