question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 3 3 7

Where is the RMTES.PDF document?

Several references point to this document. Where is is now? I get a permission error trying to access it. (Reuters Multilingual Text Encoding Standard - based on ISO 2022) https://customers.reuters.com/developer/connect/data/material/RMTES.PDF

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Patrick Sweeney,

Quick update, after initially experiencing some difficulty accessing the document on Customer Zone and the helpful info from @chavalit.jintamalit, logging out and clearing cookies, logging back in I was able to access the link.

Usually this is not something we would do, but as you experience similar issues accessing it, and the document is not accessible via my.refinitiv.com, please find it attached.

RMTES.PDF

rmtes.pdf (270.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Patrick Sweeney

I can access the file successfully.

Please contact Refinitiv Helpdesk about your account permission.

The Refinitiv Helpdesk can be reached at https://my.refinitiv.com/
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.

ahs.png (63.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22 3 3 7

What I get looks like a permission error.

ahs.png (135.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Patrick Sweeney

I edited the picture to remove your personal information (email address).

That is correct that your account does not have permission.

You should contact your Refinitiv account manager to discuss on the product/service which allows you to access the document.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Patrick Sweeney,

Do you have a specific question on Reuters Multilingual Text Encoding Standard (RMTES) format that we may be able to help with? Where are the references that you mention, are they in the documents on this portal?

The link points to the old Customer Zone site. The client-facing technical documentation that used to be hosted on Customer Zone is hosted at present on My Refinitiv, however, some documents were obsoleted and those were not migrated, so this is likely while the link is broken.

RMTES encoding continues to be in use, for example, for Machine Readable new encoding/decoding.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22 3 3 7

I found the reference here https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/encoding-and-decoding-non-ascii-text-using-ema-and-rfa-cnet

If there's a current description of RMTES, then I'm ok with reading that. I'm not specifically interested in the 1994 document, but it seems odd to have a standard that doesn't have a document accessible to developers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22 3 3 7

Thanks for providing the document. It was nice to see the old Reuters logo - dots arranged as if it were a ticker tape.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.