For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 4 5 4

List of all RICs

Can you provide a spreadsheet with a list of all the RICs?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Ionut T,

Do not think we are able to do that. But will try to provide as much useful info as I can on the subject.

RICs are not a fully static entity, and while some RICs for some types of instruments remain the same for years, others are updating often.

If you have a specific use case for such list in mind, I can think of a couple of approaches, that may be helpful, depending on your use case.

1. Rules. RICs are defined by Rules. You can look up RIC creation rules, starting with RIC = RULES1, and then following RULES1A, RULES2, etc, for example:

2. Divide and conquer :). For a specific type of instrument on a specific exchange, often there is a dynamic list of all instruments united by a specific criteria, named RIC chain or a use a set of RIC chains. If you are know what instruments you are looking for, my.refinitiv.com or your local Refiniv phone helpdesk. You will find a good discussion of RIC chain concept in several of the articles on this portal, for example Simple Chain Objects.

3. Divide and conquer plus reference data. Reference product such as Datascope Select can be used to automate retrieval and creation of an up-to-date RIC list for your use case.

I hope this info helps you progress.

rules.gif (18.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Ionut T

I am so sorry but it would not be possible. (It is equivalent to ask "Please give me all the unique names in this world")

You can use RIC Search tool, https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/dev-tools?type=ric

ahs.png (119.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.