question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 5 3

TRKD - Get Chain and Get Chain Components API call detail

I'm trying to use to the the GetChain and GetChainComponents Operations, but the documentation is not available for these 2 calls.

Can someone provide me with the Endpoint, Body, and Headers for these calls? Thank you.

rkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.3k 53 17 14

Hello @ovx-wxu

The RetrieveItem_Request_3 operation has "ExpandChains" attribute that lets the API returns the data for all RICs included in this particular chain RIC (e.g. 0#.DJI) in one response. Is it match your requirement?

{
    "RetrieveItem_Request_3": {
        "ItemRequest": [{
            "Fields": "",
            "RequestKey": [{
                "Name": "0#.HSI",
                "NameType": "RIC"
            }],
            "ExpandChains": true,
            "Scope": "All"
        }]
    }
}

Regarding the Get Chain and Get Chain Components operations, they are available in SOAP WebService protocol only which returns data as XML message . You can find more detail about them in the RKD API Quote Chains page.

rkd-chain.png (130.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @ovx-wxu,

1. The GetChain and GetChainComponents are only available as legacy SOAP API and are not provided as REST API endpoint. Do you still need the SOAP envelope?

2. I will raise the missing documentation issue with the development team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Gurpreet. , thank you for your reply again. Is there anything equivalent in JSON format? Where I can make a Chain call? As far as I see, GetSimpleData is the closest one.

If not, I would appreciate it if you can share the SOAP call with me. Thank you.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

You can use RetrieveItem_Request_3 to get Chain data as well.

{
  "RetrieveItem_Request_3": {
    "TrimResponse": false,
    "ItemRequest": [{
        "Fields": "",
        "RequestKey ": [{
            "Name": "0#.DJI",
            "NameType": "RIC"
          }
        ],
        "Scope": "All"
      }
    ]
  }
}

See Section 16.6 for the Quote Chain documentation.

icon clock
10 |1500

I don't think RetrieveItem_Request_3 returns all the RICs within a Chain, is there another call that returns all the details of all the RICs in the Chain? Thanks again.

If you think this is an issue with returned chain data, I would recommend that you raise a content support ticket with my.refinitiv.com and talk to content expert. They would be able to advise you on alternate API calls to use here.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.