question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 8 13 13

Data streaming slows down

Hi

I am using Java EMA API to fetch fixed income/bond data. As we are still in development, so I monitor the data streaming. I have noticed, data streaming speed slows down as the day progresses(but in morning time for about 4-5 hours speed is superfast), and sometimes, data doesn't start streaming for 3-5 minutes and stops in between before starting to show up new data. Is it normal behavior?

Thanks

Dhruv

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apistream-state
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @dhruv.arora

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@dhruv.arora

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@dhruv.arora

Typically, the update messages contain time fields, such as TRDTIM_1 (18), QUOTIM (1025), TRDTIM_MS (3853), SALTIM_MS (3854), and QUOTIM_MS (3855).

You may compare these times in the update messages with the timestamps when the application retrieves the messages. If the time gap is constant while running the application, it could be normal behavior. It means that the application retrieves the update at the same time it is published by the data feeds or exchanges.

However, if the gap is constantly increased while the application is running, it could indicate that the application may be a slow consumer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.