question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Migrate SSL version from 4.0 to 4.5

Hi,

I am going to migrate application from SSL Developer Kit 4.0 to 4.5. Please let me 2 questions.

1. What property name is SSL_OPT_DISTRIBUTOR with SSL Developer Kit 4.0 in version 4.5?

2. What function name is sslDismount with SSL Developer Kit 4.0 in version 4.5?

Kind Regards,

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepssl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @yk0603.korea

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@yk0603.korea

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

For the first question, in SSL API 4.5, it could be SSL_OPT_IPC_HOST_NAME. This option is for retrieving the host name of the SSL IPC peer to which the channel is connected.

For the second question, there is no sslDismount method in SSL API 4.5. In SSL API 4.5, you can post the SSL_ET_SESSION_DISMOUNT event instead. This event is used by an application to notify its peer that the specified channel previously established via sslMsgMount(), sslSnkMount(), sslSrcMount(), or an SSL_ET_SESSION_REQ event is terminated.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @yk0603.korea,

I would not recommend migrating to SSL 4.5, as it is End Of Life API. Please see this relevant discussion thread.

I would encourage you to consider migrating to the new, efficient and supported Elektron C/C++ APIs. Refer to the following relevant learning materials for more info:

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @zoya.farberov,

Thanks for your reply.

I know SSL 4.5 is not recommended from you.

But I have no time until launching our new application. So once, I want to implement application using SSL 4.5 as simple updating. Then I will migrate to Elektron C++ API as other projects.

Therefore, if you are possible, could you please answer to my 2 questions?

Kind Regards,

Hello @yk0603.korea,

Unfortunately, we can not help with this, however:

1. We expect that you will find it faster to code and much easier to use supported API. It is well-documented on this portal, you will not need to do research and will be able to re-use much of the example code available for download.
  2. There is a risk of taking longer to code, and incurring more cost, by using unsupported API.
  3. Our clients find this forum to be an excellent resource for day-to-day work with Elektron APIs.
  4. Out of the two, EMA = ease of use and ETA = low-level, I would target EMA, to save you the implementation time.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.