question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Finding stock price changes on specific dates

I have a list of mergers and their respective rank, announcement, and effective date. I also have the ultimate parent of the target companies in the mergers. What I want to know is what the change in the stock price of the ultimate parent is on the different dates. Further I would like to know what the change in other indices such as the S&P500 is on the dates (the dates are different for each merger and I can't thus just make a list of companies).

Is there a way for me to link the data set on the mergers with the stock price of the ultimate parents on the dates somehow?

I can only get a CUSIP 6 digit code for each company but no share price in the mergers & acquisitions advanced search function which I used to create the list.

datastream-apidsws-apipricingside-by-side-apicorporate-actionsindices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @simo18aj

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@simo18aj

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @simo18aj,

From my understanding, if you have CUSIPs of the parent stocks, and the target dates, you can convert it to RIC and request the closing price on the specific day and the next day, to determine the change.

Would something like this be what you are looking for?

With result:

2datesrequest.gif (15.0 KiB)
2datesresult.gif (5.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.