question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 4 5 11

ODPS query timeout for more than 2mins

would high frequent invalid query causing ODPS timeout without responding? in my opdsmon.log i saw this for every second, this is invalid username but i do not see any response. GET /?user=94309&position=127.0.0.1/94309&application=513&service=dIDN_SELECTFEED&command=subscriptionTest&item=.AXJO&closure=f3fe6266-bf46-4dc4-a971-6f6677df98e9&autope=true&domain=HKG&usage=always HTTP/1.1^M then in odps.log i see this: Aug 14 01:32:14:WARN:Login query denied for 94309 (ODPS_002203) Aug 14 01:33:14:WARN:Login query timeout for 94309 (ODPS_002202)
DACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Charles Hui

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Charles Hui

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Charles Hui,

In ODPS Developers Guide, section Performance, we find test stats per message type. The performance should differ reasonably, per specific environment, these should be considered a ballpark, a rough estimate of the expected load handling.

Invalid username does not constitute an invalid subscriptionTest request. Therefore, I would expect the total number of requests per type to be the deciding factor on the acceptable load, not of the requests on this username.

I would try to verify the overall ODPS load prior to it stopping to respond, and per specific request load. Did the issue clear out, consequently, were the next requests successful? Would also try to check if the machine it is running on was stable and good on system resources at the time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.