question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 3 4

EMA Java - How do I resume a stream that was opened in a paused state?

This is the last question in https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/62900/ema-java-is-it-possible-to-open-a-stream-in-a-paus.html

To summarize, after sending a paused register request below

long handle = consumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().pause(true)...); 

the following request would only trigger one single RefreshMsg to be sent, no messages after that, it's as though the stream were still paused.

consumer.reissue(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().pause(false), handle); 

How do I put the stream back to an unpaused state so that all subsequent messages would be received?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@sumedh.suede

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @sumedh.suede

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@sumedh.suede

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

The issue has been raised as Real-Time SDK issue 151 in GitHub.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @sumedh.suede,

Sorry. I miss your question. You can resume a stream using the following code.

consumer.reissue(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().initialImage(false).interestAfterRefresh(true), handle);

EDIT: I have tried this on EMA 1.5 but it seems not work. The reissue still is sent with pause flag.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @sumedh.suede

Could you please enable the XML trace log and share your trace when the problem occurs? You can set the XML trace by setting <XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/> in the EmaConfig.xml file?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 3 4

I tried

long handle = ommConsumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("XXX").name("EUR=").pause(true));

ommConsumer.reissue(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().pause(false).initialImage(false).interestAfterRefresh(true), handle);

Below is the redacted XML trace, as @veerapath.rungruengrayubkul said, the pause flag was still set in the resume request.

<!-- Outgoing Reactor message -->
<!-- java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/10.222.9.245:40162 remote=/10.220.65.193:14002] -->
<!-- Fri Aug 14 10:40:25 BST 2020 -->
<!-- rwfMajorVer="14" rwfMinorVer="1" -->
<REQUEST domainType="MARKET_PRICE" streamId="5" containerType="NO_DATA" flags="0x246 (HAS_PRIORITY|STREAMING|HAS_QOS|PAUSE)" Qos: Realtime/TickByTick/Static - timeInfo: 0 - rateInfo: 0 priorityClass="1" priorityCount="1" dataSize="0">
    <key flags="0x03 (HAS_SERVICE_ID|HAS_NAME)" serviceId="000" name="EUR="/>
    <dataBody>
    </dataBody>
</REQUEST>

<!-- Incoming Reactor message -->
<!-- java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/10.222.9.245:40162 remote=/10.220.65.193:14002] -->
<!-- Fri Aug 14 10:40:25 BST 2020 -->
<REFRESH domainType="MARKET_PRICE" streamId="5" containerType="FIELD_LIST" flags="0x1FA (HAS_PERM_DATA|HAS_MSG_KEY|HAS_SEQ_NUM|SOLICITED|REFRESH_COMPLETE|HAS_QOS|CLEAR_CACHE)" groupId="5" seqNum="53710" permData="XXXX XXXX XX" Qos: Realtime/TickByTick/Static - timeInfo: 0 - rateInfo: 0 State: Open/Ok/None - text: "All is well" dataSize="2071">
    <key flags="0x07 (HAS_SERVICE_ID|HAS_NAME|HAS_NAME_TYPE)" serviceId="000" name="EUR=" nameType="1"/>
    <dataBody>
        <fieldList flags="0x09 (HAS_FIELD_LIST_INFO|HAS_STANDARD_DATA)" fieldListNum="99" dictionaryId="1">
            <fieldEntry fieldId="1" data="XXXX"/>
        </fieldList>
    </dataBody>
</REFRESH>
<!-- Outgoing Reactor message -->
<!-- Fri Aug 14 10:40:50 BST 2020 -->
<REQUEST domainType="MARKET_PRICE" streamId="5" containerType="NO_DATA" flags="0x266 (HAS_PRIORITY|STREAMING|NO_REFRESH|HAS_QOS|PAUSE)" Qos: Realtime/TickByTick/Static - timeInfo: 0 - rateInfo: 0 priorityClass="1" priorityCount="1" dataSize="0">
    <key flags="0x03 (HAS_SERVICE_ID|HAS_NAME)" serviceId="000" name="EUR="/>
    <dataBody>
    </dataBody>
</REQUEST>
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 3 4

Hi @wasin.waeosri and @veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

Is this a bug that I need to raise on GitHub?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @sumedh.suede

Yes, I have tested the same code and got the same XML stack trace and API behavior.

I suggest you submit an issue to development team in GitHub issue page directly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.