question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 9 5 15

RFA7.2 failed to connect RMDS in Linux 6.4

Greetings

Currently, we are migrating our RFA7.2 based program from windows to Linux, but we found connection issue as below:

Received CONNECTION_EVENT: myNamespace::SLLConnection
{ state: DOWN, code: NONE, text: "Not connected: com.reuters.mainloop.DispatchException: Could not determine position"}

RFA: Version = 7.2.0.L1.all, Date = Mon May 16 15:42:38 CST 2016, Jar Path = No jar file available. Executed using class files.

DACS: Version = 7.0.1.F4, Date = Mon May 16 15:42:48 CST 2016, Jar Path = Is bundled into rfa.jar

Also, we've has done the following check:

1) Java in Linux is 1.6

2) RMDS is accessible from Linux

3) iptables is closed.

4) configuration has been imported via Java.util.Preferences.

Any idea what happened, or any suggestion for us to debug?

Thank you very much for any reply.

treprfarfa-apiconnectionlinux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

This looks like the old issue I have found in RFA application on Red Hat Linux when RFA called the java function, InetAddress.getLocalHost() but it failed and threw the error message which indicated that Java could not found IP address of the local host. The old issue was fixed by including these following lines to /etc/hosts file

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

<assigned_ip> < hostname>

-The <assigned_ip> is a site-local IP address e.g. 192.168.x.x. or 10.x.x.x.

-The <hostname> is what returned from hostname command.

Hope this can solve your problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Currently, we are migrating our RFA7.2 based program from windows to Linux,but in development environment,everything is ok,but when I deploy the project to the ST environment,it failed to connect RMDS,I compare and the only difference is the /etc/hosts file,but I have no permissions to amend the hosts file in ST,the connection issue as below:

Received CONNECTION_EVENT: myNamespace::SLLConnection
{ state: DOWN, code: NONE, text: "Not connected: com.reuters.mainloop.DispatchException: Could not determine position"}

Any suggestion for us to debug?

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7
@shishuoxinyux

Based on my experience, the problem can be solved by editing /etc/hosts file according to my suggestion above. Hence, please contact the admin of ST environment for editing the /etc/hosts file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.