question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

How can I check our EMA C++ application behavior

Hi,

I am implementing EMA C++ application. So, I want to check our application source code is whether to be correct or not.

When I run our application, our application outputs following error message.

"Error: 1002 ipcConnecting() client connect() failed. System errno: (107)"

Please tell me why does our application output above error message? And if do you provide some tools to test NiProvider application, please tell me what tool should I use.

Kind Regards,

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @yk0603.korea

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @yk0603.korea

Can you confirm you are trying to test NIProvider? Please advise what kind of implementation you are trying to achieve.

If so, are you connecting to an ADH server? Has your Market Data team configured the ADH to receive your incoming connection requests from your NIProvider?

If you are trying to test provider functionality and your Market Data team have not configured an ADH for you yet - then you could instead do your initial testing of provider type code by using an IProvider with a Consumer and they can connect directly to each other - you can run both on the same PC and set the OMMConsumer to connect to localhost on the same port as configured for the IProvider.

If you do wish to implement a NIProvider please refer to this set of tutorials: https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-cc/learning?content=11257&type=learning_material_item - but you will need to speak to your MarketData team to ensure they configure the source for you on the ADH.

For IProvider guidance you can also refer to this article: https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/publish-custom-data-trep-ema - This article refers to a TREP system - but you can connect the Consumer directly to the IProvider for local testing purposes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.