Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
646 21 33 41

Eikon upcoming upgrade notifications

Is it possible to get a notification about upcoming Eikon upgrade?

Is it possible to get a notification about Eikon Python API upgrade with release notes?

The recent upgrade of Eikon Python API module upgraded the dependencies to the last versions which broke some functionality on our side. And downgrade to 1.1.2 didn't help because it produced a lot of warnings/errors related to deprecated methods in the dependencies (I believe it was pandas). To avoid this problem in future we would like to get notifications about the upgrades and release notes.

Thanks,

Igor

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @igorg

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

<AHS>

The case 09094646 is closed with the following resolution "-provided steps on how to register via myrefinitiv for alerts and notifications "

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @igorg

I just submitted case no. 09094646 on your behalf (using matte@tet account)

I asked the helpdesk to cc you in the email communication as well.

I am sorry but the request you have in this question cannot be handled by the moderators in this forum.

I can only provide the URL to release notes.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/docs?content=59523&type=documentation_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @igorg

You can visit this URL to see the Eikon Data API release notes.

To see all dependencies version

You can use pip download command

pip download eikon

And see its version

You may use this code to temporary turn off the FutureWarning:

import warnings
warnings.simplefilter(action='ignore', category=FutureWarning)

Or you can update the eikon package to 1.1.4 (released on 18th Aug 2020)

The release notes are missing, I will contact the product team to update it.

pip install eikon --upgrade

Or you can use the refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon (Eikon subpackage) which just release on 19th Aug 2020

pip install refinitiv.dataplatform
import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('xxxxxx')

ahs.png (76.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

This is not what I'm asking for.

You did a lot of changes silently and pushed the update. We tested 1.1.2 on our server, next day we upgraded our prod server and it crashed, because you released 1.1.4 and we never tested it.

We would like to have some notifications about upcoming upgrades. Is it possible to get?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.