question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 32 41

Eikon 4.0.52 upgrade. RTX throws in Visual Studio only

Hello,

After Eikon upgraded itself call CreateAdxRtList throws an exception. This happens only in Visual Studio in both debug and release mode.

l_hr = m_EikonDesktopDataAPI->CreateAdxRtList((IUnknown**)&m_RtMgr);
Exception thrown at 0x767D4192 in DataCollector.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: pixl::trep::core::Exception at memory location 0x02D8D420. occurred

It's something related to the latest upgrade. Everything worked fine yesterday. Today when I started EIkon I noticed it took longer than usually. So I checked the version and it changed from 4.0.51 to 4.0.52.

Also, this is what I see in VS Output window:

[PIXL][INFO/ECRC.CONFIG] ENTER context::PIXLHookUp_Impl::initializeContext(a_applicationName=PowerLink, m_referenceCount=0, l_ThreadID=84680, CallerModule=C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Y\Bin\rtx.rtk.dll)
'DataCollector.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Y\Bin\Apps\THOMSONREUTERS.REALTIME.PIXLALLPROTOCOLS\0.0.0.0\pixl52_psp120.dll'. 
'DataCollector.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Y\Bin\Apps\THOMSONREUTERS.REALTIME.PIXLALLPROTOCOLS\0.0.0.0\RFA8_Config120.dll'. 
'DataCollector.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Y\Bin\Apps\THOMSONREUTERS.REALTIME.PIXLALLPROTOCOLS\0.0.0.0\RFA8_Common120.dll'. 
'DataCollector.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dbghelp.dll'. 
'DataCollector.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dbghelp.dll'. 
'DataCollector.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dbghelp.dll'
Exception thrown at 0x767D4192 in DataCollector.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: pixl::trep::core::Exception at memory location 0x02DDD5B0.

I know there is not much information.. but is there anything I can try to do to fix it?

Thanks

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Alex Putkov., @chavalit.jintamalit, @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

Could you please take a look into this issue?

Thanks,

Veerapath

Hello @igorg,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Helo @igorg,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@igorg

Sorry for late response. Is this still an issue? I just tried running a sample C# app using RTX and Eikon 4.0.52, and I didn't experience any problems.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Just tried it. Yes, it's still here.(C++)

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce it on my end with C++ either. I just tried a sample C++ console app. Worked like a charm for me: connected and was able to retrieve the data with no problem.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.