For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 2 0

Tick per second on XAU= - Elktron over Cloud real Time Data

We connected to Elektron over Cloud and receive only 1 quote per second on XAU=
When we compare the date to LP's feed received by our clients, we notice the following:
1. LP's transmit several quotes per second, you only one
2. You data come with 1-2 seconds delay comparing to LP's

Please assist to resolve this matter

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @oleg.lipshits

Can you please confirm which API you are using and if you are testing the above with one of our supplied examples or your own code?

The ERT in Cloud realtime service offers a conflated feed with up to 3 Trade safe updates a second.

The XAU= RIC is Gold spot RIC with multiple contributors and when I did a quick test I was able to consume more than 1 update a second e.g.

Stats; Refresh: 1 Updates: 92 Status: 1 Pings: 3 Elapsed Time: 78.95secs

In terms of the timeliness, I was not able to verify this as the timestamp for this RIC is not granular enough to compare to real time clock.

Therefore, if you require a Gold Spot price which updates more frequently and has a second or ms timestamp, then I recommend you contact our Content Helpdesk who may be able to help you choose an alternative RIC more suited to your requirements.

IF after speaking to them and testing with one of our examples. you still find that the realtime data you are receiving is suspect then I recommend you contact the ERT in Cloud support team who can investigate the streaming data issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.