Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 2 2

Hi Community, I am a newbie! Does anyone know a Phyton command for downloading Excel docs from the Eikon Commodities Library?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-apirequestcommoditiesurl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @tamara.thorne

I believe that you are referring to this app:

This is app-specific data and it cannot be accessed using Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 1 2 2

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit thanks for such prompt reply. Yes that is the one. Is there any other way? What if the docs I am interested in are also hosted on other pages on Eikon?

ws.png (481.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @tamara.thorne

Eikon Data API provides user access to access to data similar to TR function in Eikon Excel.

API cannot access to app-specific data.

So it cannot access to the URL to excel file in a specific application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 1 2 2

Hi @ @chavalit.jintamalit thanks for your reply. By any chance do you know if there are other ways? I don't think that all the docs in the Commodities Library are uploaded manually? There must be an automated way? Thanks very much in advance!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.