question

Upvote
Accepted
16 1 0 3

How to add a Search Box

Hello, I would like to add a search box to our app, but can't find documentation on this. The search box should be similar to the one in the news monitor (see attachment). I want it to allow searching for a list of RICs (e.g. a Watchlist or Quote List)

eikoneikon-app-studiosearchuser-interface
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@daniel.11

Hi.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Else please post again offering further insight into your question

Thanks

Upvotes
Accepted
92 1 2 1

Hi @daniel.11, currently we do not have this control available. However, your web application is able to listen to search from the box built-in to the container itself (which has the Eikon autosuggest built-in) or from other apps, via JET context passing.

May I ask the specific use case? If there is significant interest from a few participants we can look into adding it to the SDK - you can reach out to me directly at elizabeth.piazza@thomsonreuters.com if that is easier.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, I've just emailed you.

Thanks, emailing as well.

Upvotes
966 11 21 26

The command line is built into the Chromium container that hosts your app. From there users get access to Autosuggest which they can use to search for securities.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.