question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 8 13 13

Getting error "Failed to rsslElementEntry.encode() while encoding rssl elementlist"

AllRICs_3.txt

I am using Java EMA API and using batch to fetch data from Elektron. I get the following error, when RICs are sent using batch array,

Exception in thread "main" Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='Failed to rsslElementEntry.encode() while encoding rssl elementlist. Reason='INVALID_DATA'', Error Code='-29'

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.CollectionDataImpl.ommIUExcept(CollectionDataImpl.java:64)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ElementListImpl.encodedData(ElementListImpl.java:391)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.MsgImpl.msgPayload(MsgImpl.java:835)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ReqMsgImpl.payload(ReqMsgImpl.java:649)

at EMAConsumer.Consumer.main(Consumer.java:520)

This error appears on execution of the following line,

consumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("ELEKTRON_DD").payload(batchView), appClient);

When I divided the RICs into multiple files, to check for the RIC which is creating this error. This error stopped coming. I am attaching here txt file of RIC codes which throws this error. Can anybody help me resolve this error? and what is the cause?

Thanks

Dhruv

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apierror
allrics-3.txt (94.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @dhruv.arora

There is a 65535 byte limit on the size of the ElementList entry that is used when making the Batch request. - therefore you will need to split your request into multiple batches - each being less than 64KB. Depending on the average size of your RIC codes, this could be anywhere between 3k-6k RICs per batch.

Personally I would just request each instrument individually - in a loop with some throttling/pacing of the request - e.g. send a thousand, pause a moment and send some more..NOTE - this is a personal choice as I don't like the added complication of ensuring each of my batches is less than 64KB

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

Thanks Umer

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.