Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
46 7 8 8

KeyError: headers

Hi there,

I am trying to pull revenue segment data of companies based on a list of RIC codes. And get the keyerror: "headers".

My code looks as follows:

#Making list of instrument codes

riclist_HIP = data_2.Instrument.to_list()

#Calling the data

data_3,err = ek.get_data(riclist_HIP, ['TR.BGS.GeoTotalRevenue.segmentName', 'TR.BGS.GeoTotalRevenue','TR.CompanyName'])

data_3

Error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
KeyError                                  Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-17-b29cf30df8f5> in <module>
      1 #Making TR API Call
----> 2 data_3,err = ek.get_data(riclist_HIP, ['TR.BGS.GeoTotalRevenue.segmentName', 'TR.BGS.GeoTotalRevenue','TR.CompanyName'])
      3 data_3

~/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/eikon/data_grid.py in get_data(instruments, fields, parameters, field_name, raw_output, debug)
    195         return result
--> 197     return get_data_frame(result, field_name)

~/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/eikon/data_grid.py in get_data_frame(data_dict, field_name)
    244         headers = [header.get('field', header.get('displayName')) for header in data_dict['headers'][0]]
    245     else:
--> 246         headers = [header['displayName'] for header in data_dict['headers'][0]]
    247     data = pd.np.array([[get_data_value(value) for value in row] for row in data_dict['data']])
    248     if len(data):

KeyError: 'headers'

Could you please assist?

I saw other people have posted around this error but was unclear on how to adapt the solutions proposed to my case.

Many thanks in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apikey-error
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
46 7 8 8

The issue was that the RIC list I was trying to call was too long for the Eikon API to handle.

I divided the list into chunks and used a for loop to iterate over the chunks of the list.

See example below:

#Making chunks of the list of RICs in order for the API call to process it

chunklist = chunk(riclist, 100)

chunklist

#Using a for loop to get the data based on the chunks of RIC list

content_df = []

for subs in chunklist:

RICs = ek.get_symbology(subs, from_symbol_type='ISIN', to_symbol_type= 'RIC')

content_df.append(RICs)

content_df = pd.concat(content_df)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Erik77

Please provide what API version you are using? (you can print out ek.__version__)

Please provide sample riclist_HiP (what RICs you used?)

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit.

I am using version 1.1.2

Here is the sample of the RICs list.

['MAERSKb.CO','3319.HK','AAAA.L','2018.HK','AAK.ST','AALB.AS',
'CFEB.BR','AAON.OQ','AIR.N','ARLG.DE','AAN.N','ABP.AX','ABBN.S','ABT.N','ABBV.N','BITI.PA','2670.T','ABCA.L','ABG.MC','ABEO.OQ','ANF.N','ASL.L','nan','ABMD.OQ','ABM.N','ABNd.AS','AEV.PS',
'AP.PS','AXAS.OQ','ABGJ.J','ADCB.AD','ACIA.OQ','ACTG.OQ','ACADE.ST','ACHC.OQ','ACAD.OQ','AKR.N','ACC.NS','AXDX.OQ','XLRN.OQ',
'ACCG.AS','AX1.AX','ACN.N','4813.T','ACSO.L','ANA.MC','ACCO.N',
'ACCP.PA','2345.TW','ARAY.OQ','ACEh.V','ACES.JK','ACE.MI','2353.TW','ACX.MC','AKAOQ.PK','ACIW.OQ','ACKB.BR','ACRS.OQ','ACNB.OQ','8572.T','ACOR.OQ']

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

@Erik77

Thank you for providing the details. I'm afraid I do not reproduce the issue you describe.On my end the get_data call using the exact set of RICs and fields that you used returns the data as expected. Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently on your end? Is there any pattern to the problem you may have noticed?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Alex Putkov. Thanks for looking into it on your end. I found the solution.

The issue was that the RIC list I was trying to call was too long for the API to handle. I divided the list into chunks and used a for loop to iterate over the chunks of the list.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.