For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Help! I need to understand how to make a clientside automation using websockets

Hello, So I need to make an automation (bot) that basically stays on a page until an "item" is available and then take it. This I have already made a bot for but its just using selenium. But I have seen and talked to people that made a bot on C# or JS using the websocket of the site, which allows them to make real time request and get the "items" faster than other people. I have searched for a while trying to understand how to start to program this but everything I find is how to use websocket for your website, your app, your server. Nothing about how to make a really simple request to a website when something is available. If you could tell me where I could start searching or what library, app or website I should check I would be very glad. Thank you guys :D

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtojavascript
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@jpv1a12.l

Sorry but I’m a bit confused with your current implementation.

It sounds like you are parsing a price data from some web page and push it to your system for now. And you are interested in using a web socket API provided by Refinitiv. Is this correct?

Basically, Elektron Web Socket API is a server-side API provided on the Elektron in cloud and Server component like the TREP server. Since you are using Gmail so that I’m not sure that your company or organization already has an account for Elektron Real-Time(ERT) in the cloud or our server installed for your company or not.

Anyway, if you want to explore the feature of the WebSocket API, you can go to the following page:

https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/websocket-api/quick-start?content=34507&type=quick_start

To use the API, it required the server installed for your company or you must have an account to connect to the server on the cloud.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @jpv1a12.l

This Q&A forum is dedicated from Refinitiv APIs questions only. If you want a general WebSocket tutorials (which automatically sends data/item to your application), you can find them in other development technology sites such as Google html5rocks , Mozilla Developer Network pages

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.